At Chingford Foundation School and within Chingford Academies Trust, our Governing Board are united in their aim of promoting our values, acting as ambassadors for our school and Trust, whilst ensuring that the school is providing our students with an ambitious and rich curriculum within our community environment.
What does a school governor or trustee do?
School governors and trustees make a valuable contribution to children’s education, opportunities and futures.
Schools need governing boards that have a balance and diversity of knowledge, skills and experience to enable it to be effective. Ofsted (the national inspection body for schools) has repeatedly noted that the most effective schools demonstrate effective leadership and management – which includes the governing board.
The governing board provides strategic leadership and accountability in schools. It has three key functions:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Contacting the Governors or Trustees
If you wish to contact the Local Governing Body or the Board of Trustees, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of the Governance Professional, Chingford Foundation School, Nevin Drive, Chingford, E4 7LT.
- CAT Articles of Association Updated 23 05 17
- CAT Governance
- CAT Governance Structure 2022 23
- Chingford Academies Trust Schemes of Delegation
- Chingford Foundation School Supplementary Funding Agreement
- Governance Summary of Responsibilities
- Master Funding Agreement
- Privacy Notice for Governance and Volunteers
- Register of Interests 2022 23 CFS LGB