"A Firm Foundation for Life"
Our vision is to provide an education that provides every learner with a firm foundation for life, the life that they would wish for themselves. We believe that education unlocks opportunity. Here are some examples of the ways in which we will evidence the success of our vision -
- Examination results that are in line with the highest performing schools in the country
- Attracting the very best teachers in our profession
- A high calibre curriculum that meets the needs, interests and aspirations of all of our learners
- High quality student enrichment experiences delivered through 'Our Journey to Excellence' programmes
- An outstanding pastoral care structure with Heads of Year acting as the 'headteacher' of their year group supported by Heads of School and a welfare team
- A student leadership programme that engages the majority of our student body in the working of our school and which enables all of our learners to contribute to the delivery of our vision
- Staff leadership development programmes delivered through an unrivalled professional development programme in conjunction with external providers
- Innovative Trust Careers Strategy to provide exceptional Gatsby standard experiences for students and to support every child into a positive destination
- Strong Alumni Programme that builds on the legacy of exceptional young people that have graduated from CFS to excel in business, sport and wider societal roles
- Access to a high performing post 16 offer in an inspirational new working space
"A Centre of Excellence"
Our mission is to create a community of learners striving for nothing less than excellence.
The Chingford Experience gives all students a range of opportunities in which they can demonstrate the excellence. It includes a rigorous, broad, balanced, academic curriculum and a wide range of enrichment opportunities known as 'Our Journey to Excellence'. Our mission is for every student to at least achieve their target grades and to be engaged in one extra-curricular activity. We recognise that everyone needs support in the mission to be excellent and so on behalf of students we provide the best pastoral care on offer.
Chingford Foundation School is part of the Chingford Academies Trust and we have an unrivalled professional development model to support staff to be excellent practitioners. We exist to be the employer of choice; we aim to inspire all staff to exhibit their craft in a workplace with high expectations yet warm, cohesive and supportive.
We aim to develop young people who are caring, resourceful and inspired to succeed by providing a safe, inclusive and disciplined environment.
We recently undertook a piece of work with our students, staff and parents to explore the characteristics that are important to us as individuals and as a school. It was lovely to read the responses; important to our stakeholders are the old-fashioned family values of loyalty, empathy, friendship and community.
Amongst those characteristics were the values that epitomise our school culture.