If adverse weather and / or other circumstances mean that it is necessary to close the school at short notice, the arrangments below apply.
Any decision to shut the school would be a serious one, only undertaken after a careful assessment of risks. In assessing these risks, questions such as those below would be considered:
- Is the site safe for students and staff to access buildings?
- How accessible / passable are roads & pavements approaching school?
- Can sufficient staff get to school safely (and return home afterwards) for the school to be able to open?
- What advice has been received from the Local Authority & national weather organisations?
After consideration of these questions one of the following decisions may be made:
- Closure of the whole school site
- Opening the school, but only for certain year groups
- Opening the school, but for a shortened day
When one of the above decisions has been made, the information will be published on the School
twitter account (@ChingfordSchool) and Sixth Form twitter account (@ChingfordSF). It will appear as ‘Latest News’ on the website and will also be flagged up on a banner part way down the website homepage. In addition, the school will endeavour to send out a Parentmail message. Although we would endeavour to modify the school answerphone message, this may not be possible in the circumstances.
To conclude, whilst emergency closure of the school is a rare occurrence, we remain grateful to parents and carers for their on-going support and understanding in these circumstances.
Mr N Taylor