GCSE & A Level 2018
- 70% of Year 11 students achieved a standard pass in English and Maths
- 30% of students achieved the EBACC
- Attainment 8 score of 48.3 (indicative national average 46.3)
- Over 50% of A level entries at grades A*-B, 20% A*-A
- 24 subjects at A Level had a 100% pass rate
- BTEC Level 3 – 93% D*/Distinction
- A wide range of university offers and subjects including 31 students placed at Russell Group universities and 2 Oxbridge places.
More details about Sixth Form exam results be accessed here.
Y11 Pre-exam preparation sessions: Monday 13th May –Tuesday 18th June 2019
A copy of the pre-exam preparation session timetable can be accessed here.
There are further revision resources available on our school website in the Information - Examinations section as well as the resources subject teachers have already shared with students.
Information for Parents
As Year 11 enter their final week before the exams we are keen to support their wellbeing as well as their revision. Stress is an inevitable part of exams but for some students can be particularly distressing. There is a helpful guide attached here which is also available on our website (under Information - Examinations) to offer some support on how best to manage stress.
We wish all our students good luck in the upcoming exams.
Further information for parents below:
A blog for parents about the new GCSEs from Ofqual can be accessed here. It covers why the grades are changing and how they compare with the A* to G scale.
A copy of the GCSE Information Evening presentation can be accessed here.
A copy of the letter regarding study leave for Y11 can be accessed here.