Sixth Form Enrolment 2020
The opening times for Sixth Form enrolment are as follows:
Thursday 20th August at 9.30am - 4pm (by scheduled appointment only - your time has been sent to you)
Friday 21st August at 9am - 3pm (by scheduled appointment between 9am and 11.30am - your time has been sent to you)
Friday 28th August at 9am - 12pm
Any students who wish to join the Sixth Form and who have not applied must only attend on either Friday 21st August after 11.30am or on Friday 28th August.
Please read the following information about Sixth Form enrolment carefully. Students MUST only arrive at their specified time or at the allocated time for late applicants.
As you will be aware, the school has begun a gradual reopening to Year 10 and 12 students for lessons over the past few weeks. We will ask all students enrolling to the Sixth Form to follow the same protocols. All students coming onto the school site must follow strict guidance in keeping with our risk assessment. I would like to direct you to the COVID-19 page of our website to view the handbooks that students have had to read through here https://www.chingfordfoundation.org/page/?title=COVID%2D19+LATEST&pid=205
In keeping with these strict protocols, all Year 11 students must follow the instructions set out below:
Each student must arrive to school at their individual appointment time punctually, and strictly not before or after. Please only attend Sixth Form enrolment if you have met the minimum entrance requirements for Sixth Form which is five Grade 4-9s. If you have not done as well as expected, details will be sent out about how you can speak to someone from the Middle School team.
If you have not received a specific time to attend Sixth Form enrolment, this will be as a result of the Sixth Form not receiving your acceptance of place contract. As a result, if you still wish to attend enrolment, you must only arrive on Friday 21st August after 11.30am or on Friday 28th August between 9am and 12pm. If you were expecting to receive a time and have not done so, please email Mr Millan at email@example.com.
- Students must arrive via the North Gate and move straight to the Clive Moore Sports Hall, where enrolment will take place.
- All students must queue 2m apart before being asked to enter the Sports Hall. Once they have been asked to enter, they will sanitise their hands.
- Students should attend alone without parents and not arrange to meet with friends - students should be expected to be turned away if they are observed to be breaking any of the guidance that we or the government has deemed as safe practice. If parents want to discuss anything, they should contact the Sixth Form email to request a telephone conversation.
- Once students enter the Clive Moore Sports Hall, they must sit at a sanitised exam desk indicated by a Sixth Form member of staff and fill in the appropriate paper work. They must follow instructions at all times and move swiftly through the enrolment process. Students should not be chatting in groups.
- Social distancing of 2m should be maintained at all times. The appointment system means that only a few students will be in the Sports Hall at one time.
- If you have travelled to school using public transport and have worn a face mask, this must not be removed.
- You must bring your own pen with you to fill out documents, this is essential. We will not be supplying pens to students during enrolment.
- Once you have enrolled, you will need to leave the site via the North Gate quickly and sensibly and go straight home.
It is vital that you do not leave home to enrol under any circumstances if you or a member of your household has any symptoms of COVID-19. This includes a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, and/or loss of taste or smell. You must follow government guidance and begin to self-isolate. If you need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, you must contact the school as soon as possible by emailing Mr Millan on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enrolment, students will only fill in a limited number of sheets and will purchase their school tie and games kit. The pricing list is at the bottom of this page. To successfully enrol, students MUST bring the following items:
- Both the original and ONE photocopy of their birth certificate or passport. The Sixth Form will not be doing any photocopying at all, so you will not be able to enrol if a copy is not brought. Please make earlier arrangements for this over the summer break.
- Two passport sized photographs (external students only)
- Both the original and ONE photocopy of your Y11 examination results
- A blue or black pen to fill out your enrolment form.
- The correct change to purchase your tie and games kit (please see the pricing below). We will not be able to handle money, so change will not be given. You MUST have the correct amount.
In terms of travel to school, it is best to walk or cycle if possible. If travelling from further afield, please plan your journey carefully including making provision for hand sanitizer, tissues, and a face covering if going on public transport.
It is with regret that I announce we will be unable to offer Y12 Economics this September. I apologise for this, as I know some students wanted to study this for A Level. However, we have a range of other courses relevant to this subject and will be happy to advise either before or during enrolment. We asked students to put down back up options which we would like them to consider if Economics was originally chosen. An electronic copy of the prospectus is on our website. If you would like some advice about which subject to choose instead of Economics before enrolment then please email Mr Millan at email@example.com
We look forward to you at enrolment which we will operate as smoothly as possible, albeit quite differently with the strict cooperation of students. Please ensure you understand all of the above instructions and read through the COVID-19 page of our website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Millan at firstname.lastname@example.org.